23 June 2008

Potentially homeless :(

So today we met with the lady to sign our new lease for the house we're planning on renting in July. I babysit Monday-Friday so we took the boy who I babysit with us. As soon as she saw him she asked if she was our son. We told her no and said that we babysit him. All of a sudden she said she couldn't rent to us because she wasn't set up for us to use the house as a child care facility for special needs children. I explained that we'd only be watching him until mid-August when he starts back up at school. But she seemed uncomfortable with the idea of us watching ANY children in her home. We came home, upset, waiting for her to call us back with a final decision. She called us and told us that even if we purchase renters' insurance, only watch "typical" babies, and promise not to feed them in carpeted areas that she still couldn't rent to us. So now we need to find a new place in a week!!! We leave for vacation next Monday and then return on the 16th. We have to be out of this place by the 30th so it's crunch time. Our options are to either see if we can stay here or scramble to find a new place in our price range. Wish us luck!

6 comments:

Sook said...

Wow.. the lady isn't nice.. shame on her! I hope you find a place soon!

Cali said...

That is aweful!!!! I can not believe that. Could you imagine if it was your son. My nephew has downs syndrome,and I know what my sister has been through, but nothing like this. That lady. I can not believe that! Well good luck! I hope all goes well for you guys!

lindsey said...

OH MY HECK! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! THAT LADY NEEDS TO BE SHOT (J/K). GOOD LUCK FINDING A PLACE! DO PEOPLE USE CRAIGS LIST OVER THERE? THAT'S HOW WE FOUND OUR PLACE. JUST GO TO WWW.CRAIGSLIST.COM
GOOD LUCK! SEE YOU SOON.

jeremyand jessicapotter said...

I cant even believe it I would have lost it. Im sorry that is so stressful. Everything happens for a reason so Im sure you guys will find something even better.

Melissa said...

I put some new pics on my blog so that you could see the new hair cut. They aren't the greatest ones so I might take them off in awhile though. I hope I will be able to see you while you're in Idaho. Do you know how long you guys are going to be here? J/W. Have a great day/night!

lindsey said...

hi. can't wait to see you guys.

our new address is lindseyandjohn.blogspot.com