20 August 2009

Kiddo update

Today was Jesse's birthday (pictures to come in a day or two) and we had a nice relaxing day. Our family had a picnic lunch at the park and then had dinner here at home. I feel bad because Jesse has been feeling sick the last two days but we still had a great day. I decided to get Jesse a video camera (he's been wanting one for about a year or two now) and as soon as he's feeling better we'll go shopping so he can pick one out. But now on to what you all come here for- the kids!
Zeke had his first doctor appointment on Wednesday and the doctor was very happy with how he's doing. We decided to have him circumcised and when the doctor said it would only take 5 minutes I scoffed out loud before I could realize what I was doing. When the doctor looked at me funny I explained that the last time someone told me that I ended up having a 14 minute c-section. The doctor's response was this, "oh that's right! Your the lady that had the insanely difficult c-section last week! Now that I see Zeke and see he's fine I'll tell you this, when he was born he was NOT doing well. He had a heartbeat, a faint one at that, and that was it. It he didn't respond as well as he did to the oxygen we would have sent him to Pocatello to the neonatal intensive care unit. This kid really scared me, I won't lie to you." It oddly made me happy to know I wasn't the only one freaking out when he was born. I feel a little more justified in my hysteria now. Zeke is just a few ounces shy of his birth weight so the doctor was well pleased. He goes in again on Tuesday for another check up.
Rosalee has been going to sleep, at night and naps, without her pacifier without any complaints! I was REALLY afraid that we'd have issues but I think because she was the one to get rid of it she's doing a lot better. She asked about it once last night but we ignored her and she didn't ask again. Then this morning she said "pink b all gone" after she woke up but didn't seem upset by it. Rosalee is becoming more verbal every day and amazes us with what she remembers and can communicate to us. She is really starting to be fun because we can hold small conversations with her and we actually can tell what she wants and needs. She is still mostly potty trained and I think it'll stay that way until we get into a good routine with Zeke. But I still don't mind changing one or two diapers when I know I could be changing more!

1 comments:

Tyra Baird said...

wow!!!!! He's so cute and so is that little princess! Congrats!