05 August 2009

Remodeling

While Rosalee and I were in Washington the hall bathroom was going to be remodeled. The tub and sink were going to be replaced, new Sheetrock was going to be installed, and the walls were going to go from wallpaper to paint. When my father in law moved in the Sheetrock he accidentally dropped some on his foot and ended up breaking his foot. The break is special because it happened between the big toe and the next toe over. It caused a lot of swelling, pain, and him being on short term disability from work. Today he is having surgery on his foot to remove the giant blood clot(s) that have formed in the injured area. All I can say is OUCH!!

Here are some pictures of the bathroom when I first got back from Washington and the others are from last night. Jesse has removed the sink and bathtub and left the toilet running so we can still have two in the house. He claims that by Saturday we will have a working bathtub in there and I hope he's right! Rosalee calls the new bathtub the "bubble tub" because it is a Whirlpool jacuzzi tub. She asks me if she can take a bath in the bubble tub and I tell her she has to wait. For now she's been taking showers in the other bathroom and doing pretty good with them. But I know she'll like having a bathtub back in the house. I know that I'm going to LOVE having a tub (especially one with jets) for after the baby is born! So hopefully the new bathtub gets installed before the baby decides to come!

While Jesse was putting Rosalee down for her nap I decided to help him with the remodel. I am very proud to say that I was able to take off the majority of the tile from around the bathtub. I jokingly told Jesse that it was my way of trying to induce labor.

No post would be complete without a cute photo of Rosalee! I was taking her pictures of her to keep her from trying to sneak into the bathroom and "help" her dad. It seemed like every time she went into the bathroom to "help" she came out covered in dust holding a piece of broken tile or Sheetrock. I figured that this was a safer thing for her to be doing.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

cutest kid ever!