18 August 2009

Zeke's 1st week

What better way could I celebrate my 200th post than to show off my kids! I know the title says this is about Zeke but we all know that any post would not be complete without some Rosalee. One big step for her is that today she threw away her pacifier! She woke up this morning and told me, "pink b (what she calls a pacifier) goes in the trash Mommy". When I explained that the b would go bye bye she changed her mind. Then during nap time she handed the pacifier to me again and said, "pink b goes in the trash, the big trash, Mommy" so I took her outside to the curbside trashcan. I opened the lid, she said goodbye and dropped it in! Tonight I was nervous about bedtime but when she asked for the pacifier I told her that she put it in the trash and it was all gone. No fuss, just a little sigh, and then right to the crib where she promptly fell asleep! Let's just hope that nap time tomorrow goes as smooth! Zeke is getting better at eating every day so I anticipate his doctor appointment will go great tomorrow. I'm sure I'll post about so stay tuned!
So here are some highlights from the past week, enjoy!

I know I already posted this but I just wanted to point out his bruised ribs. Look closely and you'll see that the bruise is in the outline of a left hand! That's right, Doctor Bourkovski had to push him out so hard that she left her mark!

At the hospital the nurses take photos of the babies and I love this one. I'm sorry the quality isn't the best, I had to scan it in.

Rosalee's first meeting with Zeke. As you can see it went GREAT! She just wanted to kiss him over, and over, and over... The only tough part was she kept trying to pull out his IV line.

"No, not Doctor Blake!! That man keeps poking me and prodding me!!"

Zeke's fabulous arm splint and IV... poor kid!

I got bored a lot waiting for Zeke to wake up so I could unsuccessfully feed him so I decided to take a picture of his foot to show how it compares to other objects. This ring fits on Jesse's ring finger and my thumb.

Zeke with Grandma

Even though I'm not looking the greatest I love this picture and would oddly want to frame it. I really think Rosalee looks like me in this picture and I was happy to be able to see her and spend some time with her.

Our first family of 4 picture

ONE OF THE CUTEST PICTURES ON EARTH!!! This was Rosalee's first time holding Zeke by herself and she was in LOVE and SO happy to have her brother. She kept giving him kisses and saying, "Like baby Zeke Mommy. Rosalee like baby Zeke."

I love this video and could watch it over and over! Rosalee is just a sweetheart to Zeke.

Doctor Bourkovski with Zeke

Aunt Tia with Zeke at the hospital

"I'm hungry and you don't have the right equipment! Waaaa!!! Put the camera down Mom and feed me!"

Jenny came up to meet Zeke and help out with Rosalee. Rosalee wanted to sit on Jenny and then insisted on holding Daddy. How could I resist taking a picture?

I had to show the world how large his feet are! That is Jesse's thumb next to his foot. Try having that in your ribs for several weeks! The lovely purple dot on his foot is from one of the many blood tests he had.

Zeke and I waiting to go home. The nurse had to come and check the car seat to make sure it was safe and up to current standards.

Snug as a bug in a rug!

Happily sleeping in his pajamas made by my mom

This is SO funny! I gave Rosalee a shower (the bathroom isn't finished yet) and she was using the yellow bowl to rinse herself off. Then she took it, sat on it, and told me it was her potty. I really thought she was going to use it but she just made pretend noises (pss, pss, pss) and giggled the whole time. I had to have Jesse come and finish washing her because the laughing was causing my stomach to hurt too much! After her shower she came out, with the bowl, and sat on it with a book. When I asked what she was doing she replied, "going potty" and started laughing hysterically.

What Zeke does best- sleep


The many faces of Rosalee! Jesse says that his favorite is the second picture where she's resting her head on her arms. The third picture is great because Rosalee was trying to get Trouble to pose in the picture with her.

Rosalee LOVES playing outside! She was climbing in the chair and as soon as she saw Jesse with a camera she sat and said, "cheese!"

Nap time for all!

So hungry he could eat his own fingers!

This picture is for my mom. (Don't mind the face. She was annoyed that I stopped her from going out the door to go swimming. This is the "cheese and please leave me alone" face that I see every so often.) Rosalee went swimming tonight with Jesse and he told her she had to wear a jacket over her suit so they could walk to the pool. She picked this to wear and this is actually her blessing outfit my mom made for her! The best part is she wore it when she was 5 days old which is pretty much what Zeke is now. It's funny to see her wearing an outfit that she wore when she was his size and even funnier to think that it still fits!

5 comments:

Little Yancey Family said...

Great pics! I love the pic of her holding her baby brother. How sweet. I doubt Jaden will be so kind. He's expecting a big ball to come out of mommy's belly after all.

Joy Carlton said...

Adorable pictures. I love the one of Rosalee holding Zeke. It is so cute. She is such a great big sister. I hope your recovery is going well.

Anna said...

I love all of the pictures! Rosalee is such a cute big sister! I am glad that things are going well now that you are home. Zeke is adorable! Enjoy Jesse being home, I here that it is crazy with two in the beginning, but you get used to it. Enjoy snuggling baby Zeke!

Unknown said...

Seriously. Cutest kids ever!!

Samantha said...

So cute! Rosalee is growing up so fast. I love the pacifier story, such a sweetheart. Zeke looks nice and healthy. I hope that he is getting the hang of eating, I'm sure he will once he realizes he's so hungry. Take care!