12 August 2008

# 100!

This is the 100th post we've made to our blog. Insane, but believable because of how many pictures we take of Rosalee. :) In her short 9 months of life I think we've taken more photos than we have the rest of the 4 years we've been married. We just love being parents and couldn't imagine our lives without our daughter.

So today I got to thinking about being a mom. The school I worked for starts tomorrow and I went in to see people and to pick up some items. Everyone was running around crazy trying to finalize things for tomorrow and I couldn't help but smile and laugh. I don't have to do that. I get to stay home with Rosalee and experience the joy of being a mother all day, every day. To some the idea of diapers, messy clothes, and conversations full of "goo ooh bababa da" might sound boring or unfulfilling but it's the best thing I can think of for me! She grows so much each day that I couldn't imagine not spending every second available with her. It might not be as easy to pay the bills, but what I'll gain in memories and love will more than make up for it.

We bought Rosalee a rocking elephant for her new room. She loves it and climbs all over it!!

4 comments:

Anna said...

I am totally with you! I cannot think of anything better to do with my day than to hang out with my little Braden. I have loved every minute of being a mom. I think that having to wait 4 years for his arrival has made my time with him all the more precious. Here's to being a stay-at-home mom!

Little Yancey Family said...

After the innitial dissapointment of not going back to work, I must say, I too am really enjoying being home with my baby boy. He grows so fast and is so funny. I love being a mommy.

Michele said...

I completely agree with you! I am sad of all the things that I missed while going to school when Jacob was little. However, that was worth it too. I am just glad that I am now able to stay home with my 2 boys. I have seen the Lord work in our lives many times with me staying home with the boys. Somehow we are able to pay the bills in California!

Anonymous said...

Yea! to not teaching this year!