18 July 2008

The Washington coast

Jesse, Rosalee, me, my mom, my dad, and my mom's dog Riese spent the weekend out at Grayland and Westport. These small fishing holes are located on South Beach and aren't as touristy so they're FABULOUS! Jesse got to go surf fishing, it was the kite festival weekend, Rosalee tried salmon for the first time, and we had an overall great time being together. Here are the pictures from our vacation within a vacation!

Jesse got to go surf fishing while in Washington with my dad. They had a great time even though Jesse's nose got burnt.


The top two are from our vacation and the third is from the summer of 1986!

L: The ladies @ the beach M: Proof my dad smiles!!! R: The happy couple

L: Alien pirates!? M: Jesse, Rosalee, and Riese (the dog) ready for a walk on the beach R: Love those pirates!




The kite festival! I love the last one with Jesse and Rosalee getting attacked by the giant caterpillar.

Some pictures of us enjoying the beach!


The top two are Jesse waving to the Coast Guard and Jesse spitting on the Westport Spit. The third photo is where the old highway was and is now a sign warning people of erosion and potential death

Some scenery shots from Washaway Beach, just north of Tokeland. Every year several inches of beach are washed into the ocean. The highway was moved once and they're planning on moving it again. My great grandparents had property that I believe is now under the ocean!

L: A tiny crab in one of the tide pools M: Jesse holding the tiny crab... who moments later pinched him rather hard! R: Happy and enjoying life!

0 comments: