19 July 2008

Vacation part deux- Washington

After spending slightly over a week in Utah and Idaho we traveled to Washington to spend time with my family. I say we traveled to Washington because we didn't exactly fly there. We ended up flying to Portland and then taking the Amtrak to Tacoma, Washington. At first I was frustrated that we couldn't fly to Seattle, but it ended up working out better. We were able to sit and relax on the train while enjoying the Washington scenery. The train also had a dining car full of all kinds of food. We didn't have to turn our phone off so I was able to call my mom when we were outside of Tacoma so they could meet us at the train station right when we landed. While in Washington we were able to eat at the restaurant my brother's school runs, travel to the ocean, see family and friends, and volunteer at my mom's work. Some of the things we didn't get a picture of are- *visiting our friends Anna and Alex in Seattle *the WONDERFUL food from The Rainer Room at Clover Park Technical College *the surgeries we watched at the vet office *Rosalee "playing" the piano *Rosalee and me picking raspberries. By this I mean I ate three for one put in the bucket and Rosalee smashed the berries in her hands *relaxing at home with my family
Now here are the pictures we DID take, enjoy!

Having lunch with my aunt and Alyssa Chef Brain with Rosalee The Brain family

Jesse with Rosalee and my cousin's husband Dan with Alyssa
Rosalee fell asleep at my mom's work so the only place we had to let her sleep was in one of the kennels!

After eating lunch at The Rainer Room one day we drove to Point Defiance Park and walked around the rose gardens. Rosalee had fun grabbing and smelling the flowers. Jesse also had fun teaching my mom about trees (see the above picture) and she taught him about herbs.

Rosalee hanging out and playing at grandma and grandpa's house

0 comments: