15 May 2008

Marie's Michigan weekend

For Mothers' Day weekend Rosalee and I drove up to Michigan to visit Jesse. We stayed with Jesse in a hotel in Iron River and spent time with him at the camp he's staying at. It was a MUCH needed vacation and it made me very happy to spend time with Jesse.

Feeding Rosalee her dinner in the hotel

Seriously, who decorates with dead animals!?
Rosalee's 1st taste of ice cream. Well the orange part of a creamsicle at least!

The lake was insanely clear. I was really impressed by how beautiful it was. We went for several walks and I got to see all of the wonderful scenery.

Jesse and Rosalee by the lake. I think Rosalee either looks like a Teletubby or an elf in that outfit. It may look silly but it sure kept her warm!

Some family photos from Mothers' Day
I make this look good!!! I figured when in Rome...
What is a girl to do on Mothers' Day in the middle of the woods with a bunch of rednecks? That's right! Go hunting for crawfish (crawdads for you northerners) in a freezing cold lake! The crawfish are more prevelent in later May/early June but we still were able to find a few. It wasn't enough to make dinner so Jesse decided to use them as bait for fishing.

0 comments: