04 May 2008

Jesse's practicum

I've assumed that everyone knows what Jesse is up to these days, but from various responses I can tell that it is still a mystery of what he's doing in May. Jesse has a 5 week practicum during the month of May (a little bit of June) for Purdue in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. During this "Maymester" he will be gaining hands on experience of what he's learned over the last 2 years at school. He'll collect samples, play with dart guns, chase wild beasts, etc. and get college credit for it. He left yesterday, the 2nd of May, and will come home on the 7th of June. For his practicum he was required to buy some interesting items... hard hat, waders, camping cookware, fishing tackle... okay so the last one he said he needed but it wasn't actually on the list! Before Jesse left I made him try on some of his most redneckiest (that's a word!) items because I knew no one would believe me that he really wears that stuff.


It'll be weird not having him around but I will get to talk to him daily and I might get to see him if I decide to take an extended weekend. Being a single working mom for the next little bit will STINK but it'll just make me even more grateful when Jesse comes home.

1 comments:

lindsey said...

oh, you poor thing! I remember the days when John and Jesse and would be gone the whole summer in alaska! Call if you ever get lonely or bored!