09 December 2009

Christmas time is here!

I hope when you read the title you heard the song from Charlie Brown because that's what I have on the brain.
I've been meaning to post the pictures of our Christmas decorations, but every time I start my blog Jesse goes and adds something! He STILL says that the house isn't complete because we have lights on the house, but not on the tree in the front lawn. But by the time he has available time to hang the lights it's around 15 degrees outside so he decides against it. I love having a husband as holiday obsessed as I am! We started with the tree and actually ended up putting up two trees. The bigger tree is full of homemade ornaments, special "have to be put up" ornaments, and of course some lights. Rosalee gets a kick out of seeing all the old pictures of her dad, aunts, and uncle on the tree. She says, "Look Daddy, it you little!" and then giggles.
The yearly tradition of testing the lights. Fun times people, fun times!

Rosalee LOVED helping her dad decorate the tree this year. She even told him when he needed to lift her higher so she could put the ornament higher.

Our pretty, kid friendly, tree

Just when I thought the tree was finished Jesse HAD to add some garland!

I didn't realize how many of us live here until we put up the stockings...
Next we got out some figurines from the garage and started decorating the lawn. Jesse's mom made these figurines and has six- one for each of her children. I need to get an updated picture because since I took this one Jesse has added icicle lights to the house, caroling figures, and lights around the ice skaters to look like ice. So look for that to come in the next few days.

Rosalee got a package in the mail from her great grandparents, the Carlsons, in Alaska. They sent a candy lei with 25 pieces. Attached to it is a message that everyday before Christmas the child is suppose to do a good deed, think of Jesus, and then eat the candy. So far Rosalee has helped picked up her toys, help load the dishwasher, and found my slippers that she hid, and thrown away Zeke's poopy diaper. She reminds me EVERY day, right after her nap, that she needs her candy piece so I'm pretty sure she loves it. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa!

This year I'm making most of the Christmas presents we're giving out so I haven't paid as much attention to the kids as I normally would. One day Rosalee was very quiet... too quiet in fact and this is how I found her.
Apparently the drawers can hold over 25 pounds...
Our ward Christmas party was on Saturday and the kids got to meet Santa. Zeke was happy because someone was holding him and Rosalee was excited to get a candy cane. She told Santa she wants "more Tinkerbell" for Christmas so we'll see what he brings! When they gave her the candy grab bag she opened it and pulled out the candy cane. Then she handed the bag back to Mrs. Claus and told her "thank you". I took the bag for her and later when I gave her some skittles she got a huge grin on her face and said, "OH BOY! I have to tell Santa thank you for my skittles!" I guess she thought it was like Halloween and she only got one candy out of the bag.

4 comments:

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Ummm... is Rosalee wearing Halloween socks on Santa's lap? :)

Marie said...

Yes, yes she is.

Sook said...

When I saw the first picture, I was kind of thrown off a little. I was like, that looks like Jesse but he looks much older! Then I saw that it was his dad. Wow they look scary alike! :)