29 September 2008

Yeah me!

A green thumb is not something I was blessed with but over the past few years I've worked on my gardening skills. Last year I grew tomato plants successfully so this year I decided to add to my little garden. I planted leeks, eggplant (Don't gag! I like eggplant!!), sweet pumpkins, strawberries, peas, and several flowers from seeds. I also bought some tiny started tomato plants for the garden. My leeks took off like mad and now I have 8 left growing after already eating several. None of my strawberries or peas made it past the sprout stage. My pumpkin is weird... it grows a little, dies a little, flowers, dies, makes a tiny pumpkin, dies, etc. I don't have any pumpkins but our friend got 2 from his plant. Only one of my flower types made it, but fortunately it was the one I wanted the most. Here are some of my more successful plants~

My "Spanish flag" flowering vine. I'm sure Jesse knows the scientific name but I can only remember the nickname.

I grew the eggplant from seed and bought my tomato plants as tiny starter plants.

1 comments:

Michele said...

Good for you! I always put Chris in charge of gardening because I always forget to water them. We want to put a garden in our backyard when we get to fixing that part of the house.