25 September 2008

Serious need of an update!

Once the baby starts crawling and taking only one nap a day the ability to blog just FLIES out the window! But here are some of what the James family has been up to lately.
We (mostly me) LOVE autumn!!!!
Something about the wind getting slightly colder and all the changing colors that just gets me so excited. I love everything about autumn time- the leaves, football, school, apples, Halloween, getting ready for the big holidays, etc.


The weather has been GREAT so we've gone on a lot of walks lately. The first picture is of a pretty tree at some park in Battleground. My nature knowing husband would like me to point out that the pretty tree is being killed by the red leaves which are poison ivy. The next two are from our friend's backyard. This is going to be our last fall, and therefore corn harvest, in Indiana. (This is where I'll pretend to be sad but on the inside let out a scream of joy) The whole time we've been in the corn belt we've never taken any pictures of, or with, corn. So here you go people! The last is of a the flowers that are now growing all over the front yard. We really should mow but they're too cute!
Chicago temple trip
Most of our church took a large bus up to Chicago last Saturday to attend the temple there. Rosalee kept herself amused on the bus by playing with our friend's sons. That girl is going to be a heart breaker! :) While being babysat Rosalee had her first bloody nose. When I went to pick her up a 4 year old informs me, "The baby is OK now. A cow fell on her but she isn't crying now." Cow... OK... Then a 6 year old decides to clarify it for me, "The cow fell on her nose but there wasn't a lot of blood so I think she'll be fine." Blood? Cow!? What the!??! An adult explained, "While having her diaper changed another child accidentally dropped a plastic cow and it landed right on her nose. She bled some but didn't fuss too much." So the small ones were telling the truth, just in there young edited version.

Giggle box!
One of the many things I love about Rosalee is her little voice and laugh. When a baby laughs it is VERY contagious and heart melting. Here are some recent videos of our little giggle box. Disclaimer~ The clothes on the couch are NOT laundry. She was given 3 bags of clothes from her cousin and I was in the process of sorting them.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the corn fields. It's funny when I tell people in AUS that I came from corn fields, their reaction is, 'oh, that must be beautiful!'. i try to explain that it's flat land with corn, not that exciting.
rosalee's laugh is very contagious. too fun!