17 September 2008

A day in the life...

of Rosalee the NEVER stopping crawling, climbing Superbaby! Today my small one has had a slight fever and runny nose. Time and time again I've been told that this means teeth are coming. At 10 1/2 months she has no teeth... so don't hold your breath on this! Since she isn't feeling that great she was content to actually look at her books today instead of just whipping them off the shelf.

Then while I was talking on the phone with my mother Rosalee stood up and then let go of my leg. There she was standing ALL BY HERSELF! Of course I screamed with delight which caused her to squeal and then fall on her bum. But being the persistent child she is she stood right back up. Of all the times to NOT have my camera around! Errrg!! But my mother can be my witness and the following photos. With her new found abilities Superbaby decided she was feeling better so she went back to pulling books off the shelf. She started to stand by herself and reached to pull books off the shelf. She leaned forward, lost balance, slipped on the book she was standing on, hit her face on the shelf, slid and scraped her cheek, and then hit her head on the book she originally slipped on. Mind you all of this happened in slow motion, as all accidents tend to do, and being on the other side of the living room I was unable to stop it. However I was there to offer hugs, kisses, and love.
How does a Superbaby like Rosalee spend the rest of her day? NOT near the book shelf, but crawling around the living room making weird faces at her mother. (Or trying to eat shoes as you can see in the last few seconds of this clip.)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Rosalee eats shoes too! :) So cute. Way to go Rosalee! (not about eating shoes, but about being super baby!) I hope she feels better soon. Who knows about teething issues. Whenever I thought he was teething nothing happened, and then one day they were there and I was like "ohh, maybe that's why you were so grumpy last week..." Good luck with that. It's hard to know sometimes whats wrong when they can't really tell us huh.

Jared, Christine, and The Boys said...

Lucas so eats shoes too! Flip flops are his favorite, with high heels coming in close second and then anything with shoelaces. Awesome! I bet they would really get along well!

The Webber's said...

Rosalee is getting SO big!! She is such a beautiful baby! Books will be enjoyed later in life - I mean honestly, how much longer does she have before it's unacceptable to chuck them off the shelves and across the room? She's just taking advantage of the present time, haha!

What exactly is your hubby's job? Sounds like our guys are very similar...