15 February 2008

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu!

My friends Angie and Brett are moving to Australia at the end of this month. When I came to Lafayette I student taught in Angie's classroom and then worked there until the end of the school year. Angie helped to confirm my love for working with children with severe disabilities. Even after I stopped working at Earhart she'd still help me with my teaching! Besides being a GREAT mentor, she was also a wonderful friend. She taught me to love The Office, shared my obsession with scrapbooking, and even let us do our laundry at her house until we bought our own machines! I wish her and Brett the best of luck for their Australian adventure!

When Rosalee was first born, Angie was TERRIFIED to hold her! I found it odd that a person who can work with children with severe disabilities was afraid of a small baby... but after several times of being around Rosalee Angie warmed up to holding her. Now after 3 months she's an old pro!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Just thought I would wish you a Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a great day!
Melissa

jeremyand jessicapotter said...

Happy Birthday! Hopefully u got out of work, I know probably just wishful thinking....