24 February 2008

Big boy toys

On Saturday Jesse and I went to the Sports Outdoor Show in Indianapolis. Jesse wanted to go to see the motorcycles, but we ended up seeing everything. It was held at the state fairgrounds and each pavilion building had a different theme. There was one just for motorcycles, one for ATVs and other recreation vehicles, one for boats, and one for fishing, hunting, and camping.

People probably thought Mr. Mom looked pretty silly sitting on all of the motorcycles! Rosalee enjoyed it though. She stayed awake the whole time and was looking around at all of the lights and sounds.

It's hard to see, but Rosalee is wearing Harley booties.

This is a hearse for bikers! The man who owns it, Smitty, says that he is one of 14 people in the U.S. that operate motorcycle drawn hearses. The motorcycle is a tricycle and then with a typical tow hitch the hearse is attached. Jesse and I think my dad should look into doing this when he retires!


There was a mud track inside where people could test drive vehicles for free so I figured I'd try. I've NEVER driven an ATV before so I was a little nervous. I drove really slow at first and took all the turns cautiously. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who did a 3 point turn the entire day...

The largest pavilion was FILLED with boats! They were so close together that we could have walked along just hopping in and out of boats. Jesse and I found it insane that some of the boats were fancier than most homes! We found one boat (in the picture above) that comes with satellite TV, a full kitchen, and a queen size bed!

These are just some of the MANY motorcycles we saw at the Expo. Jesse was like a kid in a candy store! It was fun to see him so excited.


0 comments: