31 August 2007

Teaching


I have been teaching since the 13th at Cumberland Elementary. At first I didn't know how I was going to do it, but it's getting better every day. I have 6 students who are all very unique and fun in their own way. The kids are very loving and teach me things all the time. I know my patience has become a lot stronger in the short time I've worked with these kids. Even though they can be challenging I know that their spirits are gentle and sweet. I feel so great at the end of the day, even on tough days, knowing that I've done something good in the lives of these kids.

This week we went to the public library on the city bus. For all of my students it was their first time riding the city bus. It was a lot of fun to see how excited they got when the bus stopped for us and how well they sat on the bus. One little girl keeps asking me every morning, "Bus today? Ride city bus?", so I think we'll be taking the bus at least once a week some place in town.

1 comments:

Anna said...

Congratulations Marie! You have your own classroom! You will have to keep me updated on the excitement of being the head teacher and having your first classroom. How many paraprofessionals do you have? Your kids are so cute! Good luck with everything!