15 June 2010

What!?

Yes, my baby boy is now 10 months old. We went to the doctor to make sure that his upside down crawling stunts aren't going to hurt him so I have some recent stats. He is now 30" long, weighs 19 pounds, has 2 teeth, and is a mover and a shaker!
The doctor said that he's making appropriate growth in crawling and that it is okay if he still goes upside down at times. We just need to make sure he goes on his belly at least a few times a day so his muscles will fully develop. Around 13 or 14 months if he isn't walking along furniture, or walking by himself, then he might need some physical therapy. But his neck and head are fine and his muscles are developed like someone twice his age!

Zeke can finger feed himself and prefers this to eating baby food in the jar. We almost have to starve the kid to get him to eat some. He would rather eat Cheerios and Vienna sausages all day thank you very much.

Zeke has a hard time falling asleep at night without being nursed first so Jesse gets to snuggle him. I'm totally jealous of this and wish he thought of me as more than food or a pacifier. While in Arizona he fought me for 20 minutes to go to sleep but fell asleep for Anna in less than 5. Good for people who want to snuggle him, sad for Mama!

Zeke's bright blue eyes make my heart melt. I also love his chubby cheeks and ankles. I think it's great that he will crawl to him and say "Ma ma ma ma ma" the entire time. He clings on to my shirt at times and refuses to be put down. It isn't often, but I enjoy it when it happens. I love watching Rosalee give him kisses, sharing toys, and pick out his shirts and bibs. I think it's funny that he tries to eat our shoes.

Sorry kid, I tried to get Dad to meet us in Arizona with a U-Haul!

0 comments: