28 July 2009

The rest of our WA vacation

While in Washington my parent's cow had a baby. It is a girl and they named her Tina. (It was going to be Ike if it were a boy.) Randomly Rosalee would grab her shoes and say, "see baby cow" so we spent a lot of time outside. Several peacock babies were born too so Rosalee had fun chasing them around the yard, much to my mother's dismay. We also kept busy by going swimming at my mom's friend Donna's place. Donna watched me when I was Rosalee's age so it was fun for her to see me with a daughter at that age.

The bull is the all black one and the cow on the far right is the mother. The baby is mostly black with a white face and a little white on the tip of her tail.

The peacock kept bothering me while I was trying to take pictures of the calf so I decided to take a picture of him. This is the peacock that Rosalee hand feeds cheese and bread to.
I bribe Rosalee to take naps by letting her sleep on the kitty bed, aka my parent's bed. I tell her if she will lie down and be very quiet that the cat will sleep with her. My mom went upstairs to check on her and this is what she found.

Rosalee had A LOT of fun swimming in the pool. This pool has a gradual incline into the water so Rosalee could walk right into the water. The fountain is in the 1-2 feet area so Rosalee could run around it and go as crazy as she wanted. She is a water baby for sure!
Jesse flew into Seattle on Monday the 20th at 4:30 in the morning. Normally I am NOT a morning person but getting to see Jesse again seemed to help me wake up and function. He brought my parents a 50 pound box of salmon fillets that I'm sure they were very happy to receive. When we got back to my parent's house Rosalee was still asleep but I woke her up to see Jesse. At first she looked confused but then she got really excited. She ended up going back to sleep, with Jesse, and when she woke up I heard her scream, "DADDY!!!!!" The next day when she woke up I took her to Jesse and she got a huge smile on her face and screamed, "DADDY!!!!" For a day or two I was chopped liver to her, but it was kind of nice to have a momentary break from being mom. Once she said she needed to go potty so I walked her to the bathroom and she started crying. I asked her what was wrong and she told me, "no mommy, want me daddy!" Again, I can't complain that I was off potty training duty for a few days. :)
No they weren't in the jungle, just the front yard at my parent's house. My brother is protesting mowing the lawn for whatever reason so there were a few times I'd lose Rosalee in grass taller than her head! But I took this picture from the living room window because I wanted to capture them just being together. Jesse was singing to Rosalee and she would just smile and stare at him the whole time. It was very obvious that she was beyond happy to have her dad home again.
Before heading back to Idaho we went to my aunt and uncle's house for dinner one night. Jesse brought in several fillets of salmon and grilled some, pan fried some, and baked the rest. Once Rosalee had some salmon she refused to eat anything else. All she wanted was, "salmon fishy meat" and surprisingly even turned down ice cream for salmon. She is her father's child! The weather was very nice in Washington so Rosalee was able to play outside with my cousin's daughter Alyssa. I love looking at the pictures of them together because both girls look like their mothers and they are the same age difference that I am with my cousin. It was fun to look at pictures of Noel (my cousin) and I playing in my grandma's yard, in a kid pool and then to look outside at our daughters playing.

Rosalee LOVES being in the water!

Rosalee was pleasantly surprised when Bella (the dog) jumped in the pool with her.
As you can see sometimes little girls get sick of always having their pictures taken...

1 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't believe how chunky Rosalee has gotten. Must be having a fun summer.