23 March 2008

Easter weekend




Rosalee was VERY happy all weekend. She loves to smile and we love to see her smile! She now can recognize our dog, Trouble, when she walks by. When Trouble is near Rosalee will roll over to look at Trouble and will try to "talk" with her. If Trouble is brave enough to lie near Rosalee she runs the risk of being poked, licked, pulled on, or laughed at. We're very happy that Trouble is so good with Rosalee. Rosalee also got her ears pierced for Easter. Jesse and I thought it would be good to get it done now because she's too little to really notice them so she won't play with them or be bothered by them. She is also at the chew on everything stage. We think she's getting one of her bottom teeth because Jesse felt a bump earlier and she's been fussier than usual. She's getting really good at putting her toys in her mouth. She also likes to pull her pacifier out and then shove it back in. We love how she can amuse herself!

This weekend we brought out Rosalee's swing for the 1st time. She's not quite tall enough to jump in it, but she loves her toys and the noises they make. We're confident that this will be one of her favorite things to use over the next few months.

For Easter we decided not to buy anything for each other, but as Saturday went on we ended up buying a few items. Jesse and I got new clothes and exercise equipment for each other. We also got Rosalee some new dresses and the movie Enchanted. I also found some camoflage decorated plastic eggs at the store that I thought would be hilarious to buy for Jesse. I always tease him about studying trees and animals so I thought nothing would say I love my wilderness man like some plastic camo candy filled eggs!

She had a grand time pulling up her dress all day at church.

Rosalee and me

Daddy's little girl

She loves to stand and show off how tall she's getting.

1st Easter!
We hope that as she gets older we'll be able to teach her the reason we celebrate Easter and find a nice way to incorporate religious traditions with non-religious traditions. To this day I'm still not sure what a giant pink rabbit has to do with the resurrection of Christ.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I've always wondered where the Easter eggs tradition came from as well... Love all the pictures!!! Rosalee's getting so tall!

crystal said...

Abby and I were looking at the pictures of Rosalee and Abby was so happy to see another baby, it would be so awesome for them to meet. I just learned of a crazy Logan Easter tradition on Sudnay, people go to Old Main Hill and role their Easter eggs down it until they smash into pieces. It was one of the weirdest things I ever saw.

jeremyand jessicapotter said...

i love her easter dress so darling! ge