04 January 2008

Forks, WA

My mom and I went to Forks, WA for one night. Forks is nestled between the mountains/rainforest and the Pacific Ocean so it makes for beautiful, and diverse, scenery. I've never been to Forks, but these books I recently read take place here. I thought it would be fun to go to the town and nearby area to see the places from the books. My mom hasn't been to Forks since before I was born (1983ish) so she thought it would be a nice overnight getaway. We had a lot of fun and really enjoyed our stay. It was wonderful to get to eat fresh seafood and remember why I love Washington so much. The next time Jesse and I go to WA I plan on taking him out here. The Twilight series books are set in Forks and La Push, WA. Randomly throughout town they have signs in windows, hung on walls, etc. promoting the books. This is a sign that was in the window of the restaurant we had dinner at.

My mom and I had a great time being silly and enjoying the sights.


A BEAUTIFUL view of the ocrean from First Beach in La Push, WA.


When she was a kid/teen she would go camping with her family at Mora Campgrounds near Forks. She hasn't been back since the mid 70s to the campground so it was fun for her to visit here. She was VERY happy that the place looks the same as she remembers it.


This is how Rosalee spent her time while we were driving around. It was nice to have her sleep most of the time so we didn't have to stop often.

3 comments:

Anna said...

I am so glad that you had a good time in WA. I was going to give you a call, but we were in Tri-Cities until the evening of Jan. 2nd for Christmas and my brother-in-laws wedding. We will have to catch up if you come out this summer. Do you go back to work on Monday? Good luck with everything. Rosalee is so cute in all the pics.

jeremyand jessicapotter said...

I totally want to go here. It looks like what I had pictured when I was reading the books. I'm jealous.

Michelle said...

lol, i bet that was fun, and charlene was jealous... :) Did you know they're making a movie and the guy who played cedric diggory in the harry potter movie is supposed to play edmund?