17 October 2007

Costume contest

Tonight our apartment complex had a costume party. I had no idea what to dress up like so I just found some random items around the house. I thought it would easy to be a hobo so I wore Jesse's grubby work pants, dirtied up an ugly maternity shirt, and made a sign from a cereal box. Jesse wore his mechanic suit and stuck a bunch of tools in his pockets. We decided to make Trouble a boxer. We used our baby's bathrobe and some baby mittens for her costume. It was fun running around the apartment trying to find items so we wouldn't have to spend any money.
Trouble's boxer outfit
Our family photo

This was my costume and I won 1st place!! I won $50 cash from the apartment complex. Not bad for throwing together junk from around the house! The one judge kept looking at me and laughing while saying, "pickles". Jesse teases me that I only won because of the sympathy vote for being pregnant and looking homeless.

7 comments:

Anna said...

You guys look great! I am glad that you won the costume contest Marie. I can't decide what to be for Halloween because of my ever growing belly, but I have to dress up at work with all of the kids, so I better find something. Only 2 more weeks! I am so excited for you and Jesse! Can't wait to see picks! You will have to let us know as soon as you can when your little goblin arrives.

jeremyand jessicapotter said...

hey marie
i tagged you, so look on my blog for the details.
you are getting so close your count down is getting exciting

lindsey said...

hey...didn't trouble win a costume party last year? he didn't win that much money though, did he?

we are feeling anxious (probably not as much as you are) for the baby to come! we know you will keep us informed! hang in there!

Michele said...

I had a dream last night that you had our baby last night You had a girl! So now I need to know what your baby is. I am so excited and happy for you guys. You better let us know when the baby gets here!

Michele said...

So I can't type, I meant you had YOUR baby last night. =)

Jared, Christine, and The Boys said...

It looks like Marie has already been tagged, so Jared tags Jesse, check out our blog for the rules and such. Hope everything is going well for you and we're hoping that we haven't seen a new post about the baby because it's already here and you're so busy with it! Congrats!

Hans and Holly said...

Congrats! Grandma Carlson told us that you had your baby girl! We are so excited for you. Girls are so fun. We can't wait till you have time to post pictures. We hope that we will get to see you guys someday. Congratulations again!